Workshop on “The Deconstruction of Food Licensing"
We are pleased to invite you for a Workshop on “The Deconstruction of Food Licensing” being organized by the Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce (BCIC), under the aegis of the Agro and Food Processing Expert Committee, jointly with Dua Associates, a Law Firm, on Friday November 16, 2018 at 4.00 pm at the CR Board Room, BCIC Office. The workshop concludes with Hi-tea.
The process of obtaining a license/ registration from the FSSAI, to commence or carry on a food business, is seemingly simple and straight forward. The obtaining of such a license/ registration has, however, proven to be a formidable task, at times, and is more often than not fraught with multiple issues. These issues largely relate to the online licensing system, and the challenges faced in relation to innovative approaches being created for conducting businesses, in India. In order to bring about awareness of the challenges faced in relation to obtaining such licenses/ registrations the BCIC, along with Dua Associates, is organizing this Workshop.
The Workshop will cover on the following:
1. An overview of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, and the regulations made thereunder in relation to licensing;
2. The Appropriate licenses/ registrations that need to be obtained, given the nature of the business to be conducted;
3. How to go about applying for such licenses/ registrations;
4. Documentation incidental to the application process, and such other related matters;
5. The post application clarifications to be provided to the FSSAI, depending on the complexity of the business; and
6. Issues and nuances with the Licensing Regime, as a whole, under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
Who should attend: The Workshop would, in particular, benefit, Personnel in the Senior Management; Production Teams; In-house legal counsels; and such other persons responsible for compliances in the food business, who could be considered the target audience.
Registration: Kindly send your confirmation of participation, at the earliest, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanking you and look forward to your support by way of participation in making this Workshop a grand success.