GST Workshop on Practical Requirements and Challenges
Why this Workshop
Just as we complete a year into the GST era, the challenge continues for both policymakers and stakeholders especially, around the technology front and the ease of compliance. A tax reform of this magnitude, in a country as large as India, operating under a federal structure, was expected to have teething trouble, but the response of the Government and the GST Council in understanding and addressing these concerns through interim and medium-term solutions is admirable and laudable.
As we look back at our experience, there is a need for more clarity on the appropriate classification of goods and services. There have also been certain divergent rulings on Advance Rulings, Transitional credit disallowances, special audits, classification disputes, which have fuelled confusion on the classification and application of tax rate.
The main objective of the Workshop is to bring to the fore various legislative measures being amended by GST Council aiming at further rationalising the indirect tax structure across India. We expect that this Workshop would provide a good platform for the Industry to put forth their pain points experienced during the past one year especially, related to implementation, current status and the States’ willingness to further integrate into the One-Nation-One-Law.
The Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce (BCIC) under the aegis of Indirect and State Taxes Expert Committee is organizing a day long GST Workshop on Practical Requirements and Challenges in Bangalore.
The details of the program are as follows:
|Specific Focus on||Practical Requirements and Challenges|
Friday, September 7, 2018
|Time||9.00 am (Registration Begins at 8.30 am)|
|Venue||Hotel Le Meridien, Sankey Road, Bangalore|
- Mr. R Sriram, IRS, Commissoner GST and Commissioner of Central Tax, Bangalore East
- Mr. PV Srinivasan, Mentor, Indirect Taxes Expert Committee, BCIC
- Mr. Venkataramani, Mentor, Indirect Taxes Expert Committee, BCIC
- Mr. G Shivadass, Chairman, Indirect Taxes Expert Committee, BCIC
- Mr. Badrinath NR, Co Chairman, Indirect Taxes Expert Committee, BCIC
- Mr. Akella A S Prakasa Rao, General Manager – Commercial, Biocon Limited
- Ms. Jayashree Parthasarathy, Partner – Indirect Taxes, Ernst & Young LLP
- CA Harini Sridharan, Consultant GST
- Input credits
- Filing of Annual Returns and Audit Reports – DOs and DONTs,
- Reconciliation with books of account and action to be taken
- E-way bills – requirement, valuation, exemptions and matching with inward and outward supplies
- Refunds - documentation, DOs and DONTs, experiences and good practices
- New formats of the returns – comparison with the existing structure, GSTR 1-2-3 procedure, unaddressed issues and benefits
- GST Challenges for FY 2018-19
- Notices for ITC; Impact of advance rulings; notice for assessment
- Transitional credit disallowances, special audits, classification disputes
- Compulsions and Nuances involved in formulating the law
- Ways to integrate into the new regime
- Re-tuning to compliance tax systems / mechanisms
- Implementation Challenges
Mr. AK Jyotishi, IRS, Principal Chief Commissioner of Central Taxes, Bangalore Zone, GoI as kindly accepted to be our Chief Guest and deliver the Keynote Address at the Workshop.
The Workshop is being addressed by eminent speakers from Government, Industry and Professional bodies:
Who Should Attend
CEOs, CFOs, Managerial Heads of Finance Divisions and Managers, Tax Consultants and Technical Agencies, Law and Corporate firms, Students…
Registration: 8.30 to 9.00 am. Kindly confirm your participation to our email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rs. 2,500/- Members
Rs. 3,000/- Non-members
Inclusive of 18% GST; The Cheque/DD should be drawn in favour of “Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce”
10% discount for companies nominating 3 or more participants
Beneficiary Name Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce Bank Name SBI MICR Code 560002136 NEFT-IFSC SBIN0060133 Account No 10977255636 BCIC PAN AAATT6462H GSTIN 29AAATT6462HIZ4
Thanking you and looking forward to your active participation.